Students, get your steps in this Walktober!
During the month of October, students have the opportunity to earn additional PIPs and monthly prizes by signing up for the in-app Walking Fitness Challenge.
Whether you are walking from your residence hall to the dining hall, exploring the campus trails or walking to class, you’ll earn PIPs by reaching the daily challenge of 8,000 or 12,000 steps.
PIPs encourage students to take actions that focus on their entire person and support their overall wellness, including in areas such as academic excellence, mental health, social connectedness, community involvement and physical wellbeing.
By setting daily or weekly step goals, you will be setting healthy habits that encourage you to move more and may help you find positive ways to manage stress, create connection and try new things. Find a friend to help you stick to your goals. You don’t have to hike a fourteener to earn PIPs – but if you do, there’s a SOLE trip to help.
How to earn PIPs:
- First, download PIPs Rewards mobile app through the Apple Store or Google Play. Android users may download the Google Health app, which connects to the PIPs app.
- Opt into the Walking for PIPs Challenge within the PIPs app. Steps are tracked via Apple Health and Google Fit.
- 8,000 steps daily: 50 PIPs
- 12,000 steps daily: 75 PIPs
- An overall max of 325 PIPs are awarded weekly
- Participants will also be eligible for the following monthly prizes:
- Most steps in a day: 500 PIPs
- Drawing for most consistent average – any participants who reaches 8,000 steps 15 times during the month: 750 PIPs
- Most steps overall: 1,000 PIPs
- Drawing for any student who reached 12,000 steps four times during the month: 1,000 PIPs